Video thumbnails let viewers see a quick snapshot of your video as they're browsing Youmaker. After your video is finished uploading, you can choose a thumbnail from the three options Youmaker automatically generates, or upload your own.
Add or change a video thumbnail
1. Sign in to Youmaker.
2. Click the Avatar → Click "Maker Studio" → Click “View All Videos“ → Click on the video that you want to add or change the thumbnail.
3. Choose an auto-generated thumbnail or upload one that you like, then click "Publish Now".
Custom thumbnail best practices
Image size & resolution
Your custom thumbnail image should be as large as possible. It will be used as the preview image in the embedded player. We recommend your custom thumbnails:
- Have a resolution of 1920x1080.
- Be uploaded in image formats such as JPG, GIF, or PNG.
- Remain under the 2MB limit.
- Try to use a 16:9 aspect ratio as it's the most used in players and previews.